Looking for a healthy yet delicious dinner to fulfil your caloric needs while keeping your blood glucose levels in check? Don’t worry because we have got you covered with this healthiest fish recipe called Oven baked salmon. Salmon is extremely nutritious and comes with tons of benefits for diabetics. So add this recipe in your diabetic diet and enjoy living healthy.
- Salmon fillets – 2 pounds
- Unsalted Butter – 3-4 tbsp.
- Minced garlic – 2-3 tbsp.
- Onion powder – 1tbsp.
- Paprika – 1 tsp.
- Fresh parsley and basil – 2 tbsp.
- Salt & pepper – to taste
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp.
Directions To Oven Baked Salmon for Diabetics
- Position the oven tray in the center of the oven and preheat it to 400o
- By using a sharp knife, make 4 to 5 slits in a salmon fillet and season them with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix melted butter, garlic, paprika, onion powder and parsley and basil. Let the mixture sit for 5 minutes and in the meantime, prepare your oven tray with foil and oil.
- Now after 5 minutes, add lemon juice in the mixture and apply this mixture to the salmon fillets.
- Make sure every inch of the fish is covered with the mixture.
- Bake the fish for 10 to 15 minutes or until tender.
- Garnish immediately with lemon slices, parsley and vegetables.
This recipe comes with the goodness of B-Vitamins, antioxidants, optimal protein and omega-3 fatty acids that are beneficial for the health of diabetics.
Total Calories – 450 kcal.
Total carbs – 5g
Protein – 47g
Fat – 25g