Looking for a healthy yet delicious dinner to fulfill your caloric needs while keeping your blood glucose levels in check? Don’t worry because we have got you covered with this healthiest chicken recipe for diabetics called stuffed chicken. You can eat this healthy chicken breasts stuffed with healthy stuffing every single day. It is delicious AF and takes only around 25 minutes to prepare.
Ingredients for Healthy Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipe
- Chicken breast – 1 large
- Low fat Mozzarella Cheese – 1 oz.
- Artichoke heart – 1
- Sundried Tomato (chopped) – 1 tsp.
- Basil Leaves – 5 large
- Garlic clove – 1 large
- Curry powder – ¼ tsp.
- Paprika – ¼ tsp.
- Pepper – to taste
- Firstly, you need to preheat the oven to almost 365o
- Now cut the chicken breast halfway through the center with a sharp knife.
- Meanwhile, chop the mozzarella, artichoke heart, basil, tomato and garlic and mix the chopped stuff to prepare a mixture.
- Now stuff the mixture within the chicken breast and use a few toothpicks to close the chicken breasts so that the stuffing don’t fall.
- Now place the stuffed chicken breasts on the greased oven tray or aluminum foil and season it with pepper, cumin, curry powder and paprika.
- Bake the stuffed chicken breasts for around 20 minutes until tender.
- Remember to remove the toothpicks before serving hot with sautéed veggies.
This recipe is healthiest for diabetics as it contains optimal calories, carbs, fat and protein that is enough to maintain the glucose levels of a diabetic.
Total Calories – 262 kcal.
Total carbs – 9g
Protein – 4g
Fat – 4g